Julia Stiles Columbia University

Julia Stiles Columbia University, It’s been two years since Julia Stiles graduated from Columbia University with an English degree, but she’s still radiating a distinctly campus coed vibe. “I’m making a conscious effort to graduate from college in terms of my own personal style, but it’s taking a while,” she admits. Dressed in jeans, a brown cardigan, and clogs, she’s not sporting any makeup (not that she needs it!).

But there’s a pretty glamorous side to Julia too. Proof? She orders caviar during her Cosmo interview at a New York City sushi restaurant and has just come back from a dress fitting at Armani.

After all, the girl is a movie star...and this month’s much buzzed-about Bourne Ultimatum is bound to make her an even bigger one. In this third installment of the hit franchise, she reprises her role of Nicky, and in true special-agent fashion, she only reveals that her part is bigger this time around and that Nicky considers leaving the CIA after being asked to do some questionable things.

At 26, Julia has already earned the luxury of being able to be choosy about roles. “I have a lot of goals in terms of acting,” she says. “I may have done a lot of movies, but I’m a little older now and feel hungry to sink my teeth into a role that’s very meaningful to me.”

That project is shaping up to be Sylvia Plath’s novel, The Bell Jar, which Julia is bringing to the big screen and also starring in. She begins to talk about how the project is finally beginning to come together...and then quickly catches herself. She’s not quite ready to count her chickens before they hatch.

Julia’s cautiousness and maturity have no doubt helped her navigate the pitfalls of stardom. You rarely read about her partying at clubs. You never hear rumors that she stole some other chick’s boyfriend. She hasn’t fallen victim to the Hollywood trifecta of tragedies — alcohol, drugs, and eating disorders.

She’s aware of the pressure placed on young stars to look perfect, but she’s not particularly affected by it. “I try not to get wrapped up with physical insecurities...the shrinking-actress thing. I don’t naturally have a good metabolism, but I am lucky in that I am naturally drawn to healthy food,” she says.

For Julia, self-doubt rears itself differently. Although completely at ease performing in front of large audiences, she reveals that she experiences social anxiety before walking into a room full of people. From a relationship standpoint, that innate shyness can come in handy. “I’ve learned that it’s good to be honest and open, but that it’s also important to be a little bit withdrawn,” she says. “I like to be discreet about things. Like if I’m going to get my legs waxed, I don’t need to share that with my boyfriend.” The boyfriend she refers to is a nonfamous artist, whom she very politely explains she does not wish to discuss out of respect for his privacy. The smile on her face says what she doesn’t: She’s seriously smitten with him.

Although they’ve been dating for more than two years and seem to have a very happy relationship, Julia has no plans to tie the knot any time soon. “I think women get caught up too much in having a plan—I’m going to get married at this age; I’m going to have a kid at this age—and then they just try to find a guy who will fit into that picture,” she says. “I don’t want my life to be based on that. I would rather it all evolve organically.”

“Let the chips fall where they may” appears to be a motto of hers these days. Outside of visiting family in Cape Cod, where her parents have a vacation home, her slate is totally clear all summer.

In fact, the down-to-earth actress is perfectly content hanging in her one-bedroom apartment in New York City’s hip yet unpretentious East Village, reading scripts, doing yoga (“I’m obsessed, which sounds annoying because I used to hate those people who would obsess about yoga”), and inviting friends from high school and college over for dinner parties (she even does the cooking).

“I’m just trying to figure out what I’m going to do next,” she says. “The nature of my work is that you’re constantly looking for someplace to act.”

thumbnail
Title: Julia Stiles Columbia University
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Post by

Related articles :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2016. About - Sitemap - Contact - Privacy